Nourish your body, mind, and soul with our delicious nutritional meal offerings…
“When you wake up in the morning, Pooh,” said Piglet, “what’s the first thing you say to yourself?”
“What’s for breakfast?” said Pooh. “What do you say, Piglet?”
“I say, I wonder what’s going to happen exciting today?” said Piglet.
Pooh nodded thoughtfully. “It’s the same thing,” he said.”
What does “holistic nutrition” mean? It means Looking at a person as a whole – attempting to bring balance to all areas of the person’s life by observing dietary intake, supplements and lifestyle.
At Hana Maui Yoga Institute we believe that it is essential to nourish ourselves in all ways possible. While during all of our retreats, we source our food locally and always prepare it with love, for some retreats we bring a more intimate focus into nourishing the body with local abundant food, lovingly prepared.
During these special holistic health and cooking retreats, we may offer the following in addition to yoga and/or meditation:
- Foraging hikes to harvest the abundance that Maui offers us
- Holistic nutrition talks, explaining the complexity of the simple food we serve you
- Cooking classes, focussing on seasonal and local ingredients
- Raw food preparation
- Eating meditations
- Food and energy workshops
- “Improv cooking” group cooking sessions
- Cleanse-oriented retreats
- A intentionally chosen chef-instructor to lead the cooking portion of the retreats